Integrated within the Voice (Lync) and Email (Exchange) portions of Unified Communication are additional collaboration tools which unify a wide variety of additional tools into a single package. This includes, but is not limited to: desktop video and teleconferencing and instant messaging, desktop and application sharing, and online meeting coordination with both internal to campus and external collaborators through the browser based Lync Web App.
This service is available to all Engineering at Illinois faculty, staff, and graduate students as well as retirees, emeritus faculty, visiting faculty, and those with 0-percent appointments.
- Chat (IM) and Presence services through Microsoft Lync
- Basic teleconferencing and videoconferencing support at the desktop
- Desktop, screen, whiteboard, and application sharing through the Lync client and Lync Web App
- Online Meeting scheduling through integration with Outlook, Lync and the Lync Web App
Unified Communications is funded through Technology Services rate and funding for campus services and billed to units directly. There are no ala carte charges for UC services.
All faculty, staff, and graduate students are eligible for Microsoft Exchange and Lync accounts. For details about individual UC Collaboration tools see:
- Chat, Presence, and Contacts Quick Start Guide
- Video and Teleconferencing Quick Start Guide
- Desktop and Program Sharing Quick Start Guide
- Online Meeting Quick Start Guide
For assistance, please contact the engrit-help [at] illinois.edu (Engineering IT Help Desk). Alternatively, you can contact your primary IT support person.
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.