Engineering IT offers web presence and hosting consultation to aid in the planning and decision-making phase of your projects, grants or other development. The web team has expertise in digital design, user experience (UX), website and application development, website hosting, and website maintenance.
Engineering IT provides professional web presence consulting at any stage of a website design or lifecycle. Consultation services are offered independently of contracting with Engineering IT to do the design, hosting, and maintenance of websites. We are happy to coordinate with other vendors for sustainable development.
Engineering IT offers consulting during the planning phases of web site creation on any topic relating to web sites. These include, but are not limited to:
- Web-related grant language
- Campus and college identity standards
- Hosting options
- Design options and theories
- Coordination with other vendors
- Maintenance of web sites in general and specific options
- Sustainable development
- User Experience (UX)
- Requirements gathering for any aspect of web sites
- Server requirements
- Accessibility requirements
Departments, units, research groups, faculty within the College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays.
- Email: engrit-help [at] illinois.edu
- Phone: 217-333-1313
There is an hourly cost for this service, minimum of one hour.
Please see Service fees for our most up to date costs. The cost per hour for this service is the same as for Website Design.
Users of website consulting agree to the following:
- Consulting is best done early in a project life cycle.
- If you have a tight deadline, contact us directly to discuss your needs.
General Service Inquiries
Web Services Manager
lhayden [at] illinois.edu
Clients interested in this service may also be interested in the following:
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.