Engineering IT offers use of laptops for events, travel, or temporary replacement for a broken machine.
Faculty, staff, and grad students of the Engineering College.
- Pick up your laptop from any helpdesk location. See footer for information.
- Use the laptop with your university netid or a generic local administrator account.
- Skype for Business, Box, Microsoft Office, and other common applications come preinstalled.
- Additional software may be available upon request.
- Loans are usually limited to two weeks.
- Undergraduates must be able to provide the netid of a faculty or staff member who will consent to be liable for any damages to the laptop.
- Please request your laptop at least 24 hours in advance.
What You Get
- Windows laptop
- Carrying case
- Wired mouse
- Ethernet cable
- Additional items may be available on request and are subject to availability.
How To Request
Please fill out our Laptop Request Webform.
For assistance with your loaned laptop or questions about the service, please email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu. For urgent concerns, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313. We are available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.